Basis System Question

Hier geht es um allgemeine Themen rund um das SANGOKAI BASIS-System
MasterBlaster

Re: Basis System Question

Beitrag von MasterBlaster »

I have uploaded the full pdf file on the web as it is too large to be added here.

https://easyupload.io/5zthns
Dateianhänge
4.jpg
tropicreef

Beitrag von tropicreef »

Please reduce the salinity to 35psu. Dose Iodine. Suspend Calcium dosing. I miss the values for Strontium, Bore and Flourine?
Gruss Dieter
MasterBlaster

tropicreef hat geschrieben:Please reduce the salinity to 35psu. Dose Iodine. Suspend Calcium dosing. I miss the values for Strontium, Bore and Flourine?
tropicreef Strontium, Bore and Flourine are ok. You can find the full test in the pdf file attached . What about Molybdenum and Zinc? I think both come from Basic as they are considered nutrients /trace elements. I underdosed Sangokai Basis and they are still high, how should I proceed ? I have read Molybdenum is very toxic when in higher quantities , zinc is not that harmful.

What about the high levels of Cu and Al ? Should I do a massive water change?
tropicreef

Beitrag von tropicreef »

i can't open the pdf file. Error message: file not found. About zinc and molybdenum i wrote a lot here in the forum. like for molybdenum

look also on the tracemetall threshold table
Dateianhänge
tracemetals thresholds.JPG
upload file not found.JPG
Gruss Dieter
MasterBlaster

tropicreef hat geschrieben:i can't open the pdf file. Error message: file not found. About zinc and molybdenum i wrote a lot here in the forum. like for

look also on the tracemetall threshold table

thanks for the chart tropicreef

I have re-uploaded the test results in case you still want to take a look - https://easyupload.io/t4naik. I did a massive water change and added much more corals (to increase consumption) , automated dosing of nutri-basic 1&2 and replaced with plastic a metal clamp from the return pump hose just in case it was leaching heavy metals. Sent another ICP yesterday ,hopefully the tests will come back much improved.

The only outstanding issue to repair with the tank is to simplify the rock work which is still work in progress. Also increased flow a lot in the refugium chamber of the sump as a temporary solution for the rotten corners. As did not have any kind of mechanical filtration in the sump I added a power filter on a trial basis to see if it brings improvements. So far I noticed only better water clarity. Any other feedback is more than welcomed.
tropicreef

Beitrag von tropicreef »

MasterBlaster hat geschrieben:I did a massive water change
what kind of salt you used
MasterBlaster hat geschrieben:replaced with plastic a metal clamp from the return pump hose just in case it was leaching heavy metals.
the best way to fix it is to use strong cable ties. don't use hose clamps made of metal
Gruss Dieter
MasterBlaster

tropicreef hat geschrieben:
MasterBlaster hat geschrieben:I did a massive water change
what kind of salt you used
MasterBlaster hat geschrieben:replaced with plastic a metal clamp from the return pump hose just in case it was leaching heavy metals.
the best way to fix it is to use strong cable ties. don't use hose clamps made of metal
- I use and used TM Pro

- Good to know I can use only cable ties , I used a plastic cramp plus cable ties. The metal clamp was resistant to saltwater and as far as I could see was not corroded at all but it makes sense to removed potential sources of problems if possible.
tropicreef

Beitrag von tropicreef »

Hose clamps are in german "Schlauchschellen". look to following thread here in Forum.
tropicreef hat geschrieben:I miss the values for Strontium, Bore and Flourine?
in the icp protocoll flourine is not listed. Also no chlorine. flourine can not be tested with an ICP-OES device. The main difficulty is to excite the fluorine atom because it is a halogen. All elements in this group are known to be more difficult to measure with ICP-OES, with fluorine being the most difficult of all.

from my prospective the first thing is to get the main components into a right balance. if they're not right, then I don't have to worry too much about trace metals. the salinity is too high. e.g the right value for pottasium at 37psu must be 431 mg/l. please reduce your salinity. how you measure the salinity?
Gruss Dieter
MasterBlaster

tropicreef hat geschrieben:please reduce your salinity. how you measure the salinity?
I suspect that AF botched the salinity test. 37 does not look believable to me because I use a refractometer that is calibrated with 35 ppt solution (also shows correct values for freshly made salt water based on bucket instructions) and I also employ a GHL conductivity probe (calibrated). The refractometer shows about 35 and the conductivity probe shows between 34.6 - and 34.8. I also use a Tunze ATO.

Right now except the oldest acropora frag in my tank everything looks in good condition(based on my limited observations and experience). The frag with issues did not extend polyps for about 4+ weeks.
MasterBlaster

https://easyupload.io/jnywjz?fbclid=IwA ... anqgfbBZiw

I got the ICP results from the tank water at 30 March. I uploaded the results and also the results from the tank water present on 2 March.To sum it up the results are very close to each other. Between 2 and 30 March did two major water changes to try to fix the issues highlighted by the first ICP ( both around 75% of total real water volume ). I am new to reefing and ICP but for me it seems that only a few issues can possibly be at fault : the Tropic Marin Pro batch has the elevated levels or Al and Zn ; my rocks - especially the epoxy used leech Al and Zn or the ICP results are not accurate. Can’t imagine the food I add or the nutrients add those components (especially aluminum). What do you think might be the root cause ?

What can I do to reduce it apart from more water changes? The corals and animals don’t show any bad signs that I can recognise apart of the one acropora that does not show it’s polyps at all and looks all brown.
Some thread algae appeared in the tank for some time but I noticed it expanded a bit. Any feedback is welcomed.

Thanks
Antworten