Holothuria (Mertensiothuria) hilla

Pflege, Ernährung, Besonderheiten, Lebensweise und Biotope, Fotos, etc.
Antworten
MasterBlaster

Holothuria (Mertensiothuria) hilla

Beitrag von MasterBlaster »

Hello

I am thinking of adding a Holothuria hilla as substrat(sand) cleanup. I think a lower animal presents some advantages in the tank as it is way less picky about food and does not need as much as a more evolved animal. Do you have experience with sea cucumber or specifically this species ? From what I have read this species is the "mild" toxic version of sea cucumber and no danger to humans.

Mihai

Hallo

Ich denke darüber nach, eine Holothuria hilla als Substrat (Sand) -Reinigung hinzuzufügen. Ich denke, ein niedrigeres Tier bietet einige Vorteile im Tank, da es viel weniger wählerisch in Bezug auf Futter ist und nicht so viel benötigt wie ein weiterentwickeltes Tier. Haben Sie Erfahrung mit Seegurken oder speziell dieser Art? Nach dem, was ich gelesen habe, ist diese Art die "milde" giftige Version der Seegurke und keine Gefahr für den Menschen.

Mihai
tropicreef

Re: Holothuria (Mertensiothuria) hilla

Beitrag von tropicreef »

MasterBlaster hat geschrieben:I am thinking of adding a Holothuria hilla as substrat(sand) cleanup.
what kind of substrat/sand to you have actually inside your tank? what grain size is the sand? since several years i keep Holothuria atra.
Gruss Dieter
MasterBlaster

Beitrag von MasterBlaster »

tropicreef hat geschrieben:
MasterBlaster hat geschrieben:I am thinking of adding a Holothuria hilla as substrat(sand) cleanup.
what kind of substrat/sand to you have actually inside your tank? what grain size is the sand? since several years i keep Holothuria atra.
I have natural aragonite sand fossil origin advertised (3-5 mm) from Aquarium Systems and in some places coral fingers (small dead acro branches equal or bigger then the size of a bean). My area is not big - about 60x60 cm minus central overflow and base of some rocks.
tropicreef

Beitrag von tropicreef »

MasterBlaster hat geschrieben:I have natural aragonite sand fossil origin advertised (3-5 mm)
the grain size 3-5 mm of the sand is unsuitable. Holothuria need fine sand.
Gruss Dieter
Antworten