Automatic dosing vs manual dosing for Sangokai Balance

Hier geht es um das Thema Calcium- und KH Stabilisierung im Allgemeinen
Antworten
MasterBlaster

Automatic dosing vs manual dosing for Sangokai Balance

Beitrag von MasterBlaster »

Hello ,

Is automatic dosing for Balance System really a big improvement over single manual dosing in a 240l tank with 14 small frag corals ? Can I manual dose once a day just fine Sangokai Balance plus Basis v2 ?

I am really undecided on either buying GHL Doser 2.1 SA for this or investing the money into other hardware like Plankton Reactor and Gyre pumps.

My aquarium:
Aquarium/Sump/Stand - Aquarium Systems L'Aquarium 250 (60x52x55 tank and 60l sump - around 250l total)
Lights - Hybrid Giesemann Stellar 60 cm + GHL Mitras LX 7204
Flow - 2 x Rossmont M7200 + Rossmont Wave Controller + 1 Jebao OW-10 and 2 x Sicce Nano 2000L(solo function is to create flow under rocks) + 1 Sicce Nano 1000L (for sump circulation)
Return Pump - Sicce Sincra 2.5 (2400 L 2.4h)
Tunze ATO /Autofeeder /JumpGuard
Skimmer Nyos 120 and Oxydator: Söchting Model A

Latest tests (no dosing of any kind yet):
11.12.2019 PH 7.7-8.0 KH 7.5 NO3 1 - 2 Salinity 35 Ca 400

Thanks ,

Mihai
tropicreef

Re: Automatic dosing vs manual dosing for Sangokai Balance

Beitrag von tropicreef »

MasterBlaster hat geschrieben:s automatic dosing for Balance System really a big improvement over single manual dosing in a 240l tank with 14 small frag corals ? Can I manual dose once a day just fine Sangokai Balance plus Basis v2 ?
Of course you can dose everything manually. Especially at the beginning you need less Sangokai Balance and Basis.
MasterBlaster hat geschrieben:I am really undecided on either buying GHL Doser 2.1 SA for this or investing the money into other hardware like Plankton Reactor and Gyre pumps.
What would you like to achieve with the plankton reactor?
Gruss Dieter
MasterBlaster

Beitrag von MasterBlaster »

tropicreef hat geschrieben:
MasterBlaster hat geschrieben:I am really undecided on either buying GHL Doser 2.1 SA for this or investing the money into other hardware like Plankton Reactor and Gyre pumps.
What would you like to achieve with the plankton reactor?
I know that in the oceans plankton is the basis of the food pyramid. By adding it to the tank I am hoping to create more biodiversity and increase the number of all other creatures that feed on it. More plankton => more zooplankton => more food for animals that feed on it. Are you saying that this is ineffective and not practical ?
tropicreef

Beitrag von tropicreef »

how do you know if corals catch phytoplankton and in what amounts per time? The cultivated phytoplankton is not stable for long and get an osmotic shock when added to the aquarium. To feed corals and the microbiology you dose sangokai nutri base.
Gruss Dieter
Antworten