french SPS reefkeeper

Hier kannst Du Dich vorstellen, wenn Du möchtest!
Antworten
Xavier A

french SPS reefkeeper

Beitrag von Xavier A »

Dear Sangokai reefkeepers,

happy to be in sangokai community !

I 'm a old experienced SPS reefkeepers (since 1997), who live in Paris and don't speak german. Il hope that it's possible to speak with you in english ? Thanks.

17 month ago, after a break of 10 years, I made a new little SPS tank (360 liters, 120*60*52 cm), berlin method, but with use of led (before I was HQI and ATI T5).
Some of my sps are near perfekt : it's more the species with smooth skin and little polyp : acro gomezi, tortuosa, all the green sps of course
Some of my sps don't have the better color : acro millepora, hyacinthus : it's more the species with big polype.
Some tenuis are good, some are in the middle.
My sps have good growth, no RTN, no STN since the beginning of his tank.

So, I have a lot of trust in Jorg Kokott method, because he's a scientifique marine biologist ! So, one week ago :
1. I reduced the production of my very efficient chaetomorpha refugium (No3 and PO4 near zero), with less photoperiod light and less volume of chaeto.
2. I stop the violet, red and green leds,
3. I use just 450, 470nm and 5500°K led, with all led at 100% : looks like 10K HQI
4. I reduced the PAR (apogee par meter): now, it's between 220 and 400
4. I add since 2 day the "basic sangokai products"

For info, my evergrow 5012B led is 42 cm up on water surface, to have good color mixing led.

I have a anamese writting and some photos, but don't find how I can join them to this presentation from my computer : sorry ! If somebody could help me, thanks a lot ![/b]

Thanks,
Best regards from Paris, France

Xavier.
tropicreef

Re: french SPS reefkeeper

Beitrag von tropicreef »

Hi Xavier, welcome to sangokai forum. Of course we can talk in english here.

As far as the file attachments are concerned, this is quite easy.

1. Switch to "Vollständiger Editor"
2. Select "Datenanhänge"
3. Press the button "Dateien hinzufügen". After this you can select files with a maximum size of 2MB.
Dateianhänge
attachments.jpg
Gruss Dieter
Xavier A

Beitrag von Xavier A »

Thanks a lot Dieter! Good to could speak english :-). i join now the files.
Xavier A

Beitrag von Xavier A »

SANGOKAI_Anamnesebogen_v2_2015.pdf
(303.28 KiB) 122-mal heruntergeladen
SANGOKAI_Anamnesebogen_v2_2015.pdf
(303.28 KiB) 122-mal heruntergeladen
Xavier A

Beitrag von Xavier A »

bac redimensionné.jpg
decant redi.jpg
chaeto redi.jpg
Xavier A

Beitrag von Xavier A »

Hello,

Just, is it better to ask the sangokay community in this post, or in "basic" section please ?

Thanks
Xavier A

Beitrag von Xavier A »

Just, the photo of the chaeto refugium is take after to cancel 90% of the chaeto ! Before, the refugium was full of chaeto !

The growth of the chaeto was 200 grammes per week : it reduced a lot the nitrate and the PO4 : i calculated that it reduced -10 mg/l of No3 and -0.1 mg/l of PO4. Maybe that could explain the reasons of my pale color in some of my sps ?
tropicreef

Beitrag von tropicreef »

Xavier A hat geschrieben: Dienstag 16. November 2021, 23:51 : i calculated that it reduced -10 mg/l of No3 and -0.1 mg/l of PO4. Maybe that could explain the reasons of my pale color in some of my sps ?
the macroalgae Chaetomorpha consume not only NO3 and PO4on , but also important trace metals. too much in competition with the needs of the stony corals. When the macroalgae grow strongly, they also consume a lot of essential trace elements such as iron, manganese and molybdenum. It is not for nothing that paxbellum sells nitrogen/molybdenum and iron/manganese supplement solutions for its algae filters. we have already discussed the topic of algae refugium here in the forum. my advice: shut down the algae refugium completely.

you seem to have already discussed some things with Jörg Kokott directly. f you have additional questions, feel free to place them here.
Gruss Dieter
Xavier A

Beitrag von Xavier A »

Thanks a lot Dieter !
Antworten